The Glencoe Golf & Country Club is seeking a full time seasonal, A.M. Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen team for the upcoming 2019 Golf Season. We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the city limits on Highway 8. We are seeking positive and energetic individuals who enjoy working early mornings and work well in a team oriented dynamic environment.
- Oversee morning kitchen staff to ensure quality, speed, and consistent of food service.
- Provides service excellence to members and guests through consistent food quality
- Effectively collaborate to address members and staff concerns or complaints
- Develop a good understanding of the member dining requirements
- Prepare and implement specials with the Executive Chef
- Ensure high sanitary standards in compliance with Calgary Health Region Requirements
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure orders are complete and product waste is a minimized.
- Receive and store orders in line with company procedures
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Actively contribute to department training, teamwork, and collaboration
- Attend kitchen meetings and in-house training programs
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Opening duties include but are not limited to: Open the kitchen, prepare line for breakfast and lunch service, execute daily staff meals, cook for a la dining, complete morning food prep
- Closing duties include but are not limited to: Restock the line, freezer pulls, ensure food rotation, update daily prep list, complete daily cleaning duties, and temperature logs
- A minimum of 1-year experience with a la carte dining is preferred
- Red Seal certification is considered an asset
- Must have a positive attitude
- Proven track record of excellent member service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- First Aid & CPR Certification is considered an asset
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
- This position is full time seasonal, with an anticipated season from March 2019 to October 2019 (weather dependent). This position will oversee a la carte dining services in the morning. A flexible schedule is required.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.