The Glencoe Golf & Country Club
We are a 45-hole private golf club on 440 acres, located just west of the city limits on Highway 8. The Glencoe Golf and Country Club takes pride in having a premium golf facility and is proud to offer superior dining venues with beautiful views, welcoming employees and spectacularly curated menus.
Our prime dining venues Westmoor Terrace + Tap and Bistro 45 were reopened in 2022 after vast renovations. Westmoor Terrace + Tap features a new expansive patio and is a warm, upscale-causal restaurant and lounge where members, families and guests can gather and connect. Bistro 45 serves as a vibrant hub for all members and guests, as they come and go between the golf course and Clubhouse.
We are seeking a full-time Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen Team. You will be apart of the Supervisor Team of the Club, and oversee the a la carte Kitchen of The Glencoe Golf and Country Club. You will develop, oversee and lead with excellent communication skills with a focus on delivering a high level of food service that meet and exceed member expectations. You will assist in the creation and development of new culinary menus and feature items. As the Chef de Partie, you will deliver exceptional experiences in all that we do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Development of a very good understanding of the needs of the membership for dining requirements and executes plans accordingly
- Oversee kitchen staff to ensure quality, speed and consistency of food on the line
- Maintains up to date knowledge of recipes, procedures and plating for all menu, special and promotional items for which he/she is responsible
- Ensure all kitchen procedures are followed, including opening and closing checklist, par levels, cleaning, documentation and quality control
- Ensure high sanitation standards in compliance with Calgary Health Region Requirements
- Oversee receiving and storage of orders
- Assist with monthly inventory and record keeping
- Red Seal certification or equivalent Cooking diploma an asset
- Valid Food Safety course certificate recognized by Alberta Health Services
- Able to properly prepare soups, sauces, stocks from scratch and cook cuts of meat, fish and vegetables
- Have an accurate understanding of allergies and dietary requirements
- Excellent communication, writing and public speaking skills
- A diplomatic personality able to foster relationships with members and employees
- A team player who can effectively motivate a team and execute exceptional service
- Resilient and outcome focused in stressful situations, with a commitment to delivering well presented, quality food
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Reliable transportation is required as there is no public transportation to our location
This is a Seasonal Full Time position; employment will conclude at the end of the golf season (end of October weather permitting). The position may include weekday, weekend and evening shifts, so a flexible schedule is required.
We offer competitive wages, flexible scheduling, staff golf privileges, and a positive and safe work environment.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check as well as an online Respect in the Workplace certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Golf & Country Club can be found at our website: www.glencoegolf.org.