The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Part Time Banquet Server for our Food & Beverage Banquet department. As part of the Food & Beverage Service Team at The Glencoe Club as a Server you will be responsible for ensuring exceptional member service experiences with prompt, efficient and friendly service to members and guests. You will deliver exceptional experiences in all that you do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Provide service excellence and a positive experience to members and guests
- Ensure all preparation and closing procedures are completed
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication between members, guests, staff and supervisor
- Display professionalism and a positive attitude
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- Other assignments as required
- A proven track record, with minimum of 1 year experience in the food & beverage service industry
- ProServe Certification
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A diplomatic, outgoing personality able to foster relationships with members and employees
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
This a permanent year-round, part time position. The successful candidates will be required to work a variety of shifts including Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with availability for early mornings and late nights.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website at www.glencoe.org.